I know everyone has one or two weird habits and quirks but mine all seem to come to the fore with a vengeance.
|Uh oh, Mummy's Gone Funny Again|
- Buying the Christmas Radio Times and marking with pen the programmes I intend to watch - (despite already having at least 3 Xmas TV guides) - and then not watching any of them.
- Recording whole swathes of films - which I then don't watch.
- Having a yearning for dried figs and Di Saronno.
- Becoming extremely tetchy if I have to wrap presents which are not completely symmetrical.
- Finding the writing and posting of a dozen Christmas cards very hard work.
- Going completely blank when asked what I would like for Christmas, despite having a list as long as your arm the rest of the year.
- Eating a mince pie a day. From 1st December.
- Reading diet books whilst eating said mince pies, figs and Di Saronno.
- Wondering what happened to Meltis Mulberry Fruits
- Watching all the Christmas Day soap episodes, even though Emmerdale is the only one I watch all year.
- Compiling a New Year's Resolution list which even the Dalai Lama would find challenging
- Never EVER having the right shoes to go with my evening dress
- Ditto coat
- Sanctioning the eating of chocolate (from Advent Calendars) before 9 am which must surely by now be against some EU convention or other.
- Vowing to wear decent, matching underwear and then finding it too cold to take my thermals off - a situation which usually lasts till the end of the following May.
- Listening to "Now That's What I Called Christmas" on repeat so that I feel like I'm trapped in a lift in Debenahams
- Coming over very peculiar in the Debenhams Beauty Hall and finding the lure of the MAC / Benefit / Estee counters stronger than Luke Skywalker's lightsabre.
- Despite this, being unable to actually BUY anything due to 'seasonal guilt' and the irrational belief that, come 1st January, prices will plummet by at least 40%
- Finding I can still sing the descant part of numerous Christmas carols and embarrassing the hell out of the family in church.
- Never being able to find my gloves. Until the snow has gone.
Any Christmas weirdnesses you'd like to share?