With an exciting new range of products available, including World of Warriors™ lunchboxes (RRP £8), snack pots (RRP £1), water bottles (RRP £4.99) and school bags (RRP £10), kids will have everything they need to join the battle and start the year in true warrior style!
Charlotte advises: “during the school day children need sustained energy to help keep them energised and active all day long. And as children spend a lot of time in school, a large proportion of their meals will be eaten here, which is why it's a great idea to offer a really well balanced meal in their lunchbox.”
The meal suggestions are designed around the five most popular World of Warriors™ characters; Crixus, Gunnar, Kuro, Zuma and Brutus – to help educate and encourage children to make an association between healthy food choices and fun.
With top tips on encouraging children to explore new food groups, pre-made weekly shopping lists and easy to follow lunchtime food plans, Charlotte and World of Warriors™ are aiming to excite and inspire a new generation of children about the nutritious and healthy foods available.
Charlotte says: "developing good eating habits starts when children are very young, in fact, it’s never too young to get children used to eating nutrient rich, healthy foods. Offering children plenty of variety and getting them used to healthier options when they are young can also mean that as they grow up and become more independent, they make healthier choices for themselves. Associating popular characters with healthy food choices is an excellent idea. Because children spend a lot of time in school, getting their packed lunches right is a great place to start.”
Charlotte's top tips for healthy lunchboxes include:-
* Make lunchboxes fun with colourful straws, napkins and cutlery. You could even try including a little game, as World of Warriors™ have done, or a note each day for your child to read to make lunchtimes even more special
* Cut foods such as vegetables, fruits and breads up so they are easier and more convenient for your children to eat at school
* To keep food cool, freeze a bottle of water and place it in a plastic bag in the lunchbox. By lunchtime it will have melted for your little one to have as a cool drink too
* Vary the food you offer so your children don't get bored with the same lunch each day
* Use seasonal foods, especially fruits and vegetables, which are cheaper and more nutrient-dense
* Use up lunchtime leftovers when you’re at home to reduce food waste, or try and encourage your children to eat their leftovers as an after school snack on the way home
* Get your kids involved in making the lunch box – right from helping you write your shopping list, to choosing foods at the supermarket and packing it all up the night before
* Talk to your children about what foods they like and don't like in their lunchbox. Give them options and choices to get them involved and give them some independence
* Try not to overfill lunchboxes, especially if your children have small appetites. It’s better to offer smaller amounts of ready to eat foods and encourage them to eat as much as they can
* Don’t forget to communicate with teachers at the school who can help feedback on how well your little ones are eating at lunchtime.
World of Warriors™ features an ever-expanding array of the greatest warriors in history, from Ninjas and Aztecs to Knights and Vikings, battling it out on an epic journey across the vast Wildlands. As well as several gaming apps, the brand will launch a range of toys and collectables, this September.
To celebrate the back to school launch, one lucky winner will win the ultimate Warrior school survival pack! Along with the back to school range, there is a limited edition warrior food diary, full of nutritious and delicious meal plans that will have your children fighting fit and eating like their favourite Warrior in no time! There will also be a set of Topps Trading Cards and a Warriors Magazine.
Entry is easy. Just complete the Rafflecopter widget below. UK entrants only. The competition ends at midnight on 28th August 2015. Please note the prize will be sent directly from the PR company and I cannot be held responsible for items which are subsequently lost or do not arrive.
For more information visit: https://www.worldofwarriors.com/en-GB
a Rafflecopter giveaway