How do you balance the changing temperatures and the constant risk of rain whilst still looking chic rather than crumpled?
These tips may help.
1. Take a spare pair of shoes, ideally flats or wellies. It's a good idea to keep these in the boot of your car so you always have them. You can change into your sparkly sandals when you get there to avoid turning up with soaked feet!
2. Wear waterproof mascara and take extra precautions with your makeup by using a waterproof foundation and a longer lasting lipstick. A primer will also help to keep your makeup in place.
3. You can also protect your hair with an anti-frizz serum or a humidity proofing hairspray. Scarves are always handy to shield your hair from the sun or rain.
4. Have an emergency umbrella. It may not be used but it's better to have one just in case.
4. Always carry a pocket size pack of tissues. The cold or wind can make eyes and noses water.
5. Carry a wrap, cardigan or shrug. I have recently discovered that good quality Cashmere knitwear can be had at prices that won't break the bank.
6. If you're off to do the school run and pushing a pram or pushchair, you might want to invest in a lightweight coat with a hood.
8. Wear several layers so you can put them on or take them off as the weather changes.
9. But don't forget your sunscreen and a good pair of sunglasses that protect your eyes from the sun's glare. Look for a pair that block 100% of both UVA and UVB rays.
10. If you are travelling on the underground or public transport a small portable fan may come in useful and it's always good to have a bottle of water if you have room to carry it.
If all else fails, make sure you've got the latest blockbuster novels loaded on your Kindle or phone so you can lose yourself in a great book and forget that you are more bedraggled than groomed!