Despite the fact that it’s only the end of November, the kids have gone full on “Christmas”. Caitlin and Ieuan have already recorded their Christmas song in school (reindeer antlers obligatory).
This year it’s Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody and I have already had to reassure the pair of them several times that, yes, Noddy Holder really is still alive.
This month, in our role as “Bostik Bloggers” (I’m not sure they know what they’ve let themselves in for), we were sent another box of gorgeous crafting supplies and trusty Bostik Glue Dots and Glitter Pens. The theme this month is, not surprisingly, Christmas.
Ieuan’s approach to crafting is very serious (slightly worrying shades of Kanye West). He knows what he wants to do and that’s it.
Caitlin, on the other hand is like a magpie, playing with colours, textures and anything glittery.
Luckily with Bostik products, there’s no mess to clear up afterwards. We used Bostik White Glue as well because it’s strong enough to cope with paper crafting and quicker than using the Glue Dots.
While you’re crafting you might like to create your ideal Christmas playlist on Spotify or iTunes.
Here’s my top ten – and I’m sure there will be no surprises.
1. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
2. Merry Christmas Everybody, Slade
3. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues / Kirsty McColl
4. Little Drummer Boy – David Bowie / Bing Crosby
5. White Christmas – Bing Crosby
6. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
|Caitlin’s Christmas Card|
7. Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney
8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Jackson 5
9. Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea
10. Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
As an extra plus, all that music tends to drown out the sound of sibling bickering.
Happy Christmas crafting!