If you’re a chocolate fan (and who isn’t), you’ve probably read by now that chocolate can have some health benefits and many chic ladies are swopping a full dessert with a few pieces of good quality dark chocolate (I’m working on it).
Last summer I discovered Indigo Herbs, based in one of my favourite places, Glastonbury. They offer a wide range of premium quality nutritionally rich organic superfoods, herbal powders, aromatherapy oils and loose herbal teas – all ethically and sustainably sourced.
Indigo Herbs offer two kits to help you to become a chocolatier and with both you can create your own nutritious and delicious dairy-free, gluten-free vegan chocolates with the purest natural ingredients.
There’s the Organic Chocolate Starter Set which allows you to make your own chocolate bars, or the Pure Raw Chocolate Making Gift Set which contains everything you need to make pure dark chocolate with goji berries & brazil nuts. It makes 20-25 small chocolates, and the instructions are included.
Inside the kit you will find Organic Cacao Powder, Organic Cacao Butter, Organic Raw Agave Syrup, Goji Berries, Brazil Nuts and Organic Raw Vanilla Powder.
You might be wondering exactly how pure dark chocolate made with Organic Cacao is good for you – well there are quite a few reasons!
· Cacao is one of the top 10 magnesium rich foods. Magnesium relaxes muscles and strengthens bones and improves circulation.
· Indigo Herb’s Cacao powder is high in vitamin C, which supports the immune system, acts as an anti-oxidant and relieves exhaustion and stress.
· Cacao powder is high in calcium, essential to bones and teeth and is also a great source of iron, which oxygenates the blood and reduces fatigue.
· You’ll also find that the cacao powder is high in protein with 21.5g providing 8.6% of the RDA.
· This nutritionally rich food is known to have twice the concentration of antioxidants found in red wine, and three times of that found in green tea. This is partly due to the Flavonoids which improve the absorption of both vitamin C and iron.
· Cacao also contains feel good phyto-chemicals including theobromine.
· Cacao makes an excellent supplement for women during the monthly cycle, as it is high in magnesium it can relieve muscle cramps, and a source of iron is good for the blood. It is also favoured by athletes, for muscle recovery, and energy.
· It makes an excellent healthy treat for both children and adults.
I’m sure you don’t need any more convincing and I have one Pure Raw Chocolate Making Gift Set to give away.
Entry is via the Rafflecopter Widget below. The usual terms and conditions apply which you can find on my giveaways page.
UK entrants only and the giveaway ends at 11:59 pm on Friday 17th November 2017.
If you can’t wait, you can find the chocolate kits at Indigo Herbs, either in store or online and also at Notonthehighstreet.com. Either kit would make a brilliant Christmas gift for a foodie or a chocolate lover.