Mother’s Day Gifts On A Budget From Home Bargains

If you caught my post on No or Low Cost Mother’s Day Gifts, you’ll know I’m a firm believer in “it’s the thought that counts”. And it’s perfectly possible to find some lovely Mother’s Day gifts on a budget.

When I was growing up, my mum would receive the wonder that was bath cubes (usually took a week to dissolve one), scented talcum powder (now generally avoided due to health risks) or the kind of practical thing only my mother could get enjoyment from when receiving them as a gift – Marigold rubber gloves.

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Love frame.

Love frame £1.99

I think this was largely as result of  being a child in the war years (mum was born in 1939) when glamour was silk stockings sold by the GIs in an American camp near mum’s house in Cattedown, Plymouth or, when these weren’t to be had, a line drawn down the back of the leg using an eye pencil.

She would be pleased to receive any of these though, from a selection available in store at your nearest Home Bargains.

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Scrumptious Sweets Delicious Milk Choc Hearts

Scrumptious Sweets Delicious Milk Choc Hearts – 79p

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Bloom Flower Vase

Bloom Flower Vase – £3.99

If it wasn’t the wonder of bath cubes, we would occasionally treat mum to tea in bed, with the tea being brewed in a teapot and served in a china cup.  (You’ll find a fabulous giveaway for gourmet teas here).

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Diamond Compact Mirror

Diamond Compact Mirror – £1.99

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Diamond Compact Mirror

Diamond Compact Mirror – £1.99

As well as the pretty compact mirror there is a cute little necklace and a key ring specially for grans and nans. Mum still loves an old fashioned compact or a lipstick in a shiny or sparkly case.

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Summer Meadows necklace

Summer Meadows Necklace – £1.99

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Nan Keyring

Nan Keyring – £1.29

And of course you can never go far wrong with some yummy chocolate truffles.

Mother's Day gifts on a budget - Home Bargains Yummy Chocolate Truffles

Yummy Chocolate Truffles – 99p

I can confirm that we have tested the chocolate for you and it’s lovely!  I’m sure you’ll agree there is a lovely selection to choose for and for more Mother’s Day gifts on a budget, head down to your local Home Bargains store.

Which gift is your favourite?

Ex marketing professional turned family lifestyle blogger. I live in Cardiff with hubby Mat, Caitlin (10) and Ieuan (8).

1. 6 March, 2018 / 11:11 am

What a cute selection. I’m not seeing my mum this Mother’s Day so am still looking for something to send via the post!

2. 6 March, 2018 / 1:06 pm

You can’t beat home bargains for…well, bargains! That compact mirror is gorgeous and looks really expensive!

3. 6 March, 2018 / 1:48 pm

These are such fab ideas, and such bargains too! I love getting choclates and homemade pressies for Mother’s Day.

4. 6 March, 2018 / 2:33 pm

Lovely ideas. Mothers day for me is more about things from the heart like a homemade card than presents! It’s always the thought that counts!

5. 6 March, 2018 / 6:57 pm

love your choices, and how amazing is home bargains!? I just wish i had one closer

6. 7 March, 2018 / 9:20 am

Yeah, I’m awful and still haven’t got a mother’s day present. Knowing me I’ll do a last minute buy on Amazon! These are really cute ideas, I especially like the bloom vases

7. 7 March, 2018 / 9:11 pm

I’d love to give my mum the Love frame with a photo of me and my brother and sister in it!

8. 7 March, 2018 / 10:40 pm

What a great selection of stuff. It’s nice that there are stores out there that accommodate lower budgets 😁

9. 8 March, 2018 / 7:42 am

You have picked some gorgeous things! Home bargains always comes up trumps for a nice gift

10. 8 March, 2018 / 9:52 am

I find Mothering Sunday quite difficult, because it is my Mother’s birthday just before and because she is for want of a better word, “fussy”. Being able to get little presents that don’t cost The Earth is lovely. I love things like photo frames that are so easy to personalise.

11. 8 March, 2018 / 11:15 am

I absolutely freaking love Home bargains! We have one round the corner from us and I swear by it for gifts. Some great choices! x

12. 8 March, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Loving the necklace and the compact mirror. I would love to receive these.

13. 9 March, 2018 / 12:55 pm

I love that mirror and totally agree, things don’t need to be pricey to still mean a lot! x