Storybooks can be the best companions to kids. They explore a new world through stories in the books via words and pictures. They desire to experience what the characters are encountering in the stories and this is one of the most effective ways to increase our kid’s creativity and improve reading skills- through immersive story-based scenarios.
Informational books are usually written in an expository way for informational purposes, sometimes also known as “non-fiction” books. They are written at various reading levels on a variety of topics, from natural to the social world.
- Interesting to read, which in turn will draw their attention and train their concentration.
- Helps children acquire basic knowledge through content.
- Provide useful information and necessary knowledge of the natural and social world that would not be included in a story book.
- Allow kids to see things from a more informative and scientific perspective.
- Boost vocabulary and knowledge in multiple areas.
A picture storybook, often referred to as a picture book, is one of the best types of educational storybooks for kids. Good picture storybooks provide children with room for imagination by using a combination of storytelling and illustration. They are scientifically designed to grab our kids’ attention and nurture their interest in reading.
Reading is an everlasting way to increase our children’s vocabulary, understand sentence structures, and improve reading and writing skills.
Picture books add value to get our kids engaged, visualize concepts, and analyze information in stories with a multi-sensory experience, which will also help enhance comprehension and independent thinking skills.
Counting books usually combine early math concepts and reading with illustrations. They are essential as it’s the core conceptual idea to all other number concepts. Good counting books include stories that can engage with children while boosting vocabulary and imagination.
- Develop children’s ability to count numbers and sets, and solve number problems.
- Help boost children’s literacy skills while learning to count.
- Help expand children’s vocabulary in different areas.
- Help children understand sentence structures and improve reading comprehension.
- Help children acquire early Math skills in later schooling.
- Boost children’s creativity, imagination, and innovation capabilities.
- Develop elementary problem-solving skills while solving number problems.
Folklore books are collections of traditional myths, legends, fables, and fairy tales. The characters and story usually contain mystery and fantasy elements which can draw readers in reading it over and over again.
These old stories passed down through oral tradition from one generation to another. They were eventually written down into folklore.
- Fantasy elements make the reading more enjoyable.
- Provide insight into humanity, cultures, and history in the old times.
- Enrich children’s understanding, knowledge, and imagination.
- Help cultivate an interest in reading.
- Expand horizons while increasing vocabulary.
- Encourage children to appreciate their heritage.
- Open up doors for children to literacy reading.
Science fiction books
Science fiction books, also known as “Sci-fi”, are the types of storybooks about science, technology, space, and more with a social purpose. Sci-fi books include appealing elements to children, such as time travel, galaxy journeys, and scientific experiments. This genre gets children engaged in exploring the unknown while cultivating their interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) curricula.
- Enable children to reflect on the present and imagine the future with technology and science.
- Help boost children’s imagination and creativity.
- Broaden children’s horizons while expanding children’s vocabulary.
- Spark children’s interest in STEM areas.
Patterned concept books
Concept books are picture books to present what an idea, object, relationship, or activity is. Patterned concept books are designed with illustrated pictures of various thoughts and accompanying words. It’s an excellent way for children to learn essential elements, such as counting, alphabets, patterns, colours, and time.
- One of the most enjoyable ways to learn and understand patterns.
- Rhyming lines make it easy for kids to read and digest.
- Help kids acquire early math skills while boosting creativity and imagination.
- Kids will have a better understanding of object combination, which in turn develop flexible thinking.
Poems are brought into our classroom. Various poetry books can also be seen everywhere worldwide, including collections of poems or single poem versions with illustrations. Poems are written in a rhythmic form with beautiful and artistic expressions.
- Rhyming skills help children with spelling and speech skills development.
- The tunes and patterns encourage children to play with words which help develop in reading fluency.
- Encourage children to write.
- Helps children build early literacy skills at an early age.
- Helps children develop analytical and critical thinking skills through reading and interpreting poetry.
- Inspires children’s creativity and boost their imagination.
Not surprisingly, international children’s books have taken up more of children’s book space. Children are encouraged to read more international books. International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated every year on April 2nd to inspire children to love reading around the globe.
- Enable children to understand different cultures, humanity, and history.
- Broaden children’s horizons while learning new vocabularies.
- Help children see different worlds from a new perspective.
There are so many great children’s books to choose to help your child with their reading and to spend some quality time together into the bargain.